Real Name: Unknown (at the time of the broadcast)
Case: Unidentified Remains
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Date: April 1, 1990
Date of Birth: c. 1960-1972
Marital Status: Unknown
Weight: 122 pounds
Physical Characteristics: Jane Doe was a Caucasian female between age 18 and 30 with brown eyes, brown hair and severe acne scars when she died.
Details: On April 1, 1990, a young woman was struck by a Mazda MX-6 and Lincoln Continental and killed in Huntington Beach, California. She carried no identification. In her possessions were a hotel key and a ring made of human hair. Several people stated they saw her the day before she died. She told them that her name was Andrea and that she had come from the East Coast (Virginia or New York) to California in search for her biological parents. She said that she was the biological daughter of a well-known couple, but never said who they were. She also claimed that she was twenty-five or twenty six, but she appeared as young as sixteen. The day before she died, a man who felt sorry decided to give her money to buy new clothes and shoes. She was killed wearing the same pink shoes she had bought hours before.
Jane Doe is still nameless and any help to identifying her is welcome.
Extra Notes: This case first aired on the January 20, 1995 episode about coroners, including Cullen Ellinburgh. It also featured those of the 1987 Jane Doe and Sumter County Does.
Results: Solved. In May 2017, Jane Doe was identified as Andrea Lee Kuiper, who was twenty-six when she died. She was identified after her fingerprints were uploaded to AFIS, the national fingerprint database. She was originally from Fairfax, Virginia, and had gone to California in 1989. According to her family, she suffered from manic depressive disorder and had experimented with drugs. Her parents had last had heard from her a few months before her death, when she told them she was safe. They had never filed a missing persons report, believing that she would one day come home.
- 1990 Jane Doe at the Doe Network
- 1990 Jane Doe's Facebook Page
- Websleuths Discussion Thread for 1990 Jane Doe
- Orange County Coroner's Page for 1990 Jane Doe
- 2 men recognize woman killed on highway, but still no ID
- Discovering woman's name becomes quest for OC coroner (Page 1) (Page 2)
- Mysterious Jane Doe case in Southern California finally solved after 27 years
- After 27 years of hoping, a family's worst fear is confirmed
- California Jane Doe case that made Unsolved Mysteries solved after 27 years
- California Jane Doe Identified as Missing Virginia Woman
- Andrea Kuiper on Find a Grave