Real Name: Alan Verl Sneed
Aliases: No Known Aliases
Wanted For: Child Molestation, Rape
Missing Since: January 4, 1994
Details: The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is searching for a former high school teacher who is wanted on multiple counts of child molestation. For fifteen years, fifty-four-year-old Alan Verl Sneed taught English, speech, and drama at Hooker High School in Hooker, Oklahoma. On April 13, 1993, he was arrested on charges that he had engaged in “repeated sexual relations” with a fourteen-year-old learning-disabled student. The encounters allegedly took place at Sneed’s trailer over a three-month period in early 1993. He was building a new house next door and had asked the student to help out.
Sneed was released on a $20,000 bond and later cashed in his teacher's retirement of about $19,000. On January 4, 1994, two weeks before his scheduled court date, he went to an Oklahoma City bus station and boarded a bus to Liberal, Kansas, for an appointment with his lawyer. He never showed up and has not been seen since. He has been charged with one count of lewd molestation, five counts of sodomy, and unlawful flight to avoid prosecution. He speaks fluent Spanish and may be passing himself off as a Spanish teacher.
- This case first aired as a part of a Fugitive Hotline on the October 14, 1994 episode, along with Edward Zakrzewski and Nasario Palacios.
- It was submitted to the show by Texas County Sheriff Arnold Peoples.
- It was excluded from the FilmRise release of the Robert Stack episodes.
Results: Captured. Thanks to a viewer's tip, Sneed was arrested at a restaurant in Panama City, Florida, less than a half hour after the broadcast. He was living under the name "Brian Sneed." The viewer had hired him to work at the restaurant in July 1994. She was watching the broadcast in her office when she recognized him; he happened to be working just a few feet away at the time. After his arrest, he was returned to Oklahoma to face charges. In January 1995, he pleaded guilty to all the charges against him. He was sentenced to five years in prison, followed by sixty years of supervised probation.
On January 4, 2006, Sneed died at the age of sixty-six.
- Fugitive finds he can run but he can't hide - October 16, 1994
- TV Show Leads To Man's Arrest - October 16, 1994
- Oklahoma teacher arrested after television appearance - October 16, 1994
- TV Show Leads to Fugitive's Quick Arrest - October 18, 1994
- Program proud of results - October 20, 1994
- Ex-Teacher Admits Guilt In Sex Case - January 20, 1995
- Alan Sneed at Find a Grave