Real Name: Angela Jane Bugay
Nicknames: No known nicknames
Location: Antioch, California
Date: November 19, 1983
Details: On November 19, 1983, five-year-old Angela Bugay vanished from her Antioch apartment complex where she lived with her mother and brother. A few days later, her nude body was located in a field nearby. She had been raped and suffocated. Authorities believe that her murder was related to several other unsolved disappearances in the local area, including Michaela Garecht, Amber Swartz, Ilene Misheloff, and Nikki Campbell.
Suspects: Tim Binder has been named a suspect in this case, but he maintains his innocence. After her murder, he visited her grave up to ninety times in a year. Amber and Nikki's scents were traced to it.
Extra Notes: This case first aired on the June 13, 2002 episode.
Results: Solved. In 1995, DNA testing linked semen found on Angela's body to forty-four-year-old Larry Graham. He was arrested and charged with her murder in April 1996. He used to date her mother and was their neighbor. He also had a history of sexual offenses against children. In 2003, he was convicted and sentenced to death. In 2009, he commited suicide in his jail cell.
Curtis Anderson was later identified as Amber's killer, but he died before he could be charged. However, Nikki, Ilene, and Michaela's cases remain unsolved. In 2009, Jaycee Dugard was found alive in the same city where Angela was abducted and killed.
- Body identified as that of missing girl
- Inmate can't attend funeral of slain child
- DNA leads to arrest in '83 slaying of girl
- Suspect identified by DNA
- Angela Bugay's Mother Faces Suspect in Court / DNA evidence ties former lover to girl's 1983 kidnapping, slaying
- Child murderer gets death / Jurors ask to see grave of Antioch girl killed 19 years ago
- Killer of 5-Year-Old Girl Is Sentenced to Death
- Killer of Antioch girl is found dead in cell
- Angela Bugay on Find a Grave