Real Name: Angela Cummings
Location: Oroville, California
Date: April 26, 1990
Details: Nineteen-year-old Angela Cummings was found shot to death in her boyfriend's apartment. Police suspected foul play, but did not have enough evidence to make an arrest in the case.
Suspects: Angela's boyfriend is a possible suspect in the case. The police speculated that an unidentified male calling into a KROQ Radio Program hosted by DJs Gene Baxter and Kevin Ryder and giving his confession to a murder may have been her killer.
Extra Notes: This segment originally aired on the October 10, 1990 episode of Unsolved Mysteries. The segment was not included in the FilmRise release of Unsolved Mysteries.
Results: Unresolved. The KROQ confession was confirmed to be a hoax after KROQ Intern Dan Feliz told police that DJ Doug Roberts was the man who "confessed" on air and that Baxter and Ryder were involved. It is unknown whether or not Angela's case has been solved.
- KROQ Deejays Faked Murder Confession
- Disc Jockeys Apologize for On-Air Murder Hoax
- Will KROQ Get Away With 'Murder'?
- Deejays to Pay $12,170 Bill for Murder Hoax
- Deejays to pay investigative costs of hoax
- False Hope: The Murder of Angela Cummings
- Angela Cummings at Find a Grave