Real Name: Angela Lee Freeman
Location: Petal, Mississippi
Date: September 10, 1993
Date of Birth: January 16, 1976
Weight: 108 pounds
Marital Status: Single
Characteristics: Caucasian female with brown hair and blue eyes. Angela has a scar below her left knee. Angela was four months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
Details: Seventeen-year-old Angela Freeman was last seen in the parking lot of a local restaurant in Petal, Mississippi, on September 10, 1993 at around 1am. She was speaking with her former boyfriend Stephen at the time. Angela's silver 1984 Honda Accord hatchback was discovered abandoned at the Old Mahned Bridge over the Leaf River in Perry County, Mississippi at approximately 6:40 a.m. that morning. A photograph of the Honda is posted below this case summary. The vehicle's windows were rolled down and blood drops were located on the car and on the ground nearby; DNA testing proved that the blood belonged to Angela. Her white Keds slip-on sneakers were found near the scene, but her purse and keys were missing.
Angela is not believed to have left of her own accord. She made a car payment and a layaway purchase shortly before her disappearance and bought groceries, which would make no sense if she was planning to run away. She also left behind a paycheck for over two hundred dollars. Angela's mother and stepfather stated that, although she was not close to them, she would not have left the area without telling them where she was going.
Foul play is suspected in Angela's disappearance. Her family has criticized the police investigation into her case; authorities originally treated Angela as a runaway in spite of the blood found near her car, although they are now investigating the case as a criminal matter. Her loved ones believe she was murdered and they think they know who killed her (or the identity of the man closest to her abandoned car), but they have not publicly released the individual's name.
Suspects: A man that was seen washing his truck in Gulfport, Mississippi, is a possible suspect in Angela's disappearance, and was also seen hunting near the bridge where Angela's car was found. He has never been identified. Angela's family claims to know his identity or the real person who killed her, but they haven't publicly released their thoughts.
Extra Notes: The original airdate of this case is unrevealed. References to this case being on Unsolved Mysteries may be erroneous.
- Angela Freeman on the Charley Project
- Angela Freeman at the NCMEC
- Angela Freeman on the Doe Network
- A Decade Later, Police Taking New Look at Angela Freeman Case - January 12, 2004
- Angela Freeman: Missing from Petal, MS since 1993. Twenty-three years later, no new information - September 13, 2016
- What happened to Angela Freeman? -April 20, 2017
- 25 years of waiting: 'We will never stop our search for Angela' - May 31, 2018
- Mother, brother looking for answers 25 years after pregnant Mississippi teen disappears - September 21, 2018
- What Happened to Angela Lee Freeman - April 13, 2021
- Angela Freeman at Find a Grave
- Websleuths Discussion Forum