Real Names: Chloie Rhianna Leverette and Christopher Gage Daniel
Nicknames: Gage (Christopher)
Location: Unionville, Tennessee
Date: September 23, 2012
Date of Birth: June 23, 2003 (Chloe); June 29, 2005 (Gage)
Height: 4'8" (Chloe); 4'0" (Gage)
Weight: 75 pounds (Chloe); 50 pounds (Gage)
Marital Status: Single
Characteristics: Both children are caucausian with brown hair. Chloe has blue eyes and Gage has hazel eyes.
Details: Nine-year-old Chloie Leverette and seven-year-old Gage Daniel were half-siblings who lived with their grandparents, Leon "Bubba" and Molli McClaran, in Unionville, Tennessee. The children were last seen at the home at 6:30pm on September 23, 2012. At 9:30pm, the house caught fire and burned to the ground. Bubba and Molli were found dead inside, along with their pet dog and bird. Despite a thorough search of the wreckage by authorities, no trace of the children were found.
Authorities are not sure of what caused the fire; however, the county sheriff believed that it was an accident. The McClarans had over thirty propane tanks in the basement and fire officials found evidence that the tanks had ruptured. However, there was no sign of an explosion.
Authorities believed that the children died in the fire. However, forensic anthropologists found no evidence to support this. To date, no one knows what really happened to them.
Suspects: The childrens' mother Cheryl believes that they were kidnapped and that the fire was intentionally set. One year after the fire, a witness reported seeing Chloie at a restaurant and took a photo. Cheryl believes that the girl in the photo is her daughter. However, authorities were unable to track the girl down.
Extra Notes: The case was featured on the second episode of the Unsolved Mysteries podcast, which was released on February 24, 2021.
This case was profiled on In Pursuit with John Walsh.
There are similarities between this case and that of the Sodder Family.
Results: Unsolved. If they are still alive, Chloie would be eighteen and Gage would be sixteen.
- Chloie and Gage on Unsolved.com
- Chloie and Gage on The Charley Project
- Missing Tennessee Kids' Father: 'They Don't Think That They Burned Up in the Fire' - September 30, 2002
- Answers Sought 5 Years After 2 Children Disappear -
- Six years later, mom believes children thought dead in Bedford County fire are still alive - September 23, 2018
- Tennessee House Fire Killed Everyone Inside Except 2 Kids Who'd Mysteriously Vanished - March 6, 2019
- Age-progressed photos released of 2 missing Bedford Co. children - September 23, 2020
- TBI searching for siblings who went missing from Bedford Co. more than 8 years ago - September 23, 2020
- Birthday party held for children missing from 2012 Bedford County house fire - July 13, 2021