Real Names: Chrystal Lauraine DiDonato and Jessica Lee Abraham
Nicknames: No known nicknames
Location: Harsens Island, Michigan
Date: June 15, 1995; August 19, 1995
Date of Birth: April 20, 1989 (Chrystal); May 23, 1994 (Jessica)
Height: 3'6" (Chrystal)
Weight: 42 Pounds (Chrystal)
Marital Status: Single
Characteristics: Blonde Hair and blue eyes (Chrystal); Brown hair and brown eyes (Jessica)
Details: Six-year-old Chrystal DiDonato was the daughter of Michelle Abraham and Ronald DiDonato. After they divorced, they fought over custody of her. During the court proceedings, Michelle accused Ronald of child molestation, among other things. The judge found no truth to the accusations and gave him custody. He also gave Michelle some visitation rights. She remarried and had another daughter, Jessica.
On June 15, 1995, Ronald brought Chrystal to New Haven, Michigan to spend the summer with Michelle as a part of their custody arrangement. She was supposed to bring Chrystal to Ronald's home in Englewood, Florida on August 10. However, she never arrived. Shortly afterward on August 19, fifteen-month-old Jessica also vanished. Both are believed to have been abducted by Michelle, who is not the custodial parent of either of them. They have not been seen since. Michelle's second husband, Daniel, has since been granted a divorce and was given legal custody of Jessica.
Suspects: Michelle Abraham
Extra Notes: This case first aired as a Special Bulletin on the April 3, 1998 episode.
Results: Solved. In June 1998, the FBI received a tip that Michelle, Chrystal, and Jessica were living in Bryan, Ohio. On June 21, Michelle was arrested there and charged with parental kidnapping. Chrystal and Jessica were found safe; they had been living with Michelle in a home owned by her mother. They were reunited with Ronald and Daniel soon after.
In March 1999, Michelle was acquitted of the kidnapping charges in Michigan. The judge agreed with her claim that she took Jessica because she feared Daniel's abuse. However, she still faced kidnapping charges in Florida in this case. In August, she pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years' probation.
- Chrystal and Jessica on Unsolved Archive
- Man hopes ex-wife will return daughter to him
- Father searches for daughter
- Signs aid in search for girl
- Girl missing 2 years
- 2-year investigation of missing girl, sister and mother continues
- Police: Missing mother, girls found
- Girl's 3-year ordeal is over
- Home sweet home: Chrystal Didonato returns to homecoming party
- Englewood girl back home
- Woman acquitted in kidnapping case
- Ex-Englewood mom to face charges
- Abraham to return to Florida
- Mom faces abduction charge in Florida
- Mother sentenced to three years probation
- Chrystal DiDonato on Delayed Justice