Real Name: Unrevealed
Aliases: None known
Wanted For: Arson
Missing Since: November 1991
Details: Police are searching for the person responsible for more than twenty-six church arson fires throughout Florida; they started in July 1990 in Jackson County. By February 1991, eleven were hit. By June, the total was fifteen. They stopped until October 24, 1991, when the arsonist attacked the First Baptist Church in Ocala. Several others occurred around this time. Damage estimates were around $8 million.
After the fires in October 1991, a police task force was set up, comprised of federal, state, and local investigators. In November 1991, the Westwood Hills Church of God in Gainesville was set on fire. Fortunately, no one has been killed or seriously injured during the fires. The arsonist remains at large.
Extra Notes: This case first aired as a special alert on the November 27, 1991 episode.
- Church fire suspect tries suicide - December 2, 1991
- Drifter Indicted in 16 Church Fires Around Florida - February 14, 1992
- Church Fires Linked to Long ago Molestation - December 7, 1992
- Man Claims He Burned Churches To Battle Demons - December 19, 1992
- Man is Found Insane in Setting of 17 Fires at Florida Churches - January 5, 1991
- Judge denies freedom for church arsonist - May 27, 2002
- Two congregations come together 20 years after church fires - January 23, 2011