Real Name: David Michael Borer
Nicknames: No known nicknames
Location: Willow, Alaska
Date: April 26, 1989
Occupation: Elementary School Student
Date of Birth: March 21, 1981
Weight: 55-65 pounds
Marital Status: Inapplicable
Characteristics: Caucasian male with blond hair and blue-green eyes. David was left-handed. David had two scars around his eyes; one under his right eye and one above his left eye.
Details: On April 26, 1989, seven-year-old David Borer vanished while walking along Parks Highway near Mile Marker 82, eleven miles north of his home in Willow, Alaska. He was either going to a friend's house or a sandbar near the frozen Kashwitna River. After he disappeared, police looked into the possibility that he may have fallen into the river. However, no hole in the ice was found. Also, divers searched the water and failed to find any trace of him.
Police also looked into the possibility that David was abducted while walking along the highway. He had apparently hitchhiked periodically throughout the area prior to his disappearance, and some believe that he may have met with foul play. His case remains unsolved.
Suspects: None known
Extra Notes: This case first aired on the January 24, 1990 episode, along with three other missing children cases: Leticia Hernandez, Jessica Gutierrez, and Malakia Logan.
Results: Unsolved. David's mother had another son, Paul, in March 1990. Tragically, in April, he was killed by a hybrid wolf.
- David Borer on the Charley Project
- David Borer on the NCMEC
- David Borer on the Doe Network
- David Borer on NamUs
- Letter to the Editor: Abducted - June 5, 1989
- Mom of Missing Boy Faces Cut in Welfare - July 6, 1989
- Parents Of Missing Children Reach Out To Each Other Across Nation - November 18, 1989
- Baby Bitten by Hybrid Wolf Dies in Anchorage Hospital - April 12, 1990
- Missing children sought - September 9, 1990
- Vanished children, endless heartache - October 5, 2003
- As theories faded, another boy went missing - May 9, 2009