Real Name: Ernest Lee Small
Aliases: Charles Williams, Pete
Wanted For: Murder
Missing Since: July 12, 1994
Details: In November of 1993, Ernest Small was paroled from prison, where he had spent much of his adult life. On Thanksgiving Day, November 25, witnesses claim that Small shot and killed a man in Hollywood, California. Small fled and then moved to Shreveport, Louisiana. On July 12, 1994, he allegedly forced himself into the home of seventy-five-year-old grandfather Melvin House, beat him to death, and then robbed him of just $25. He has not been seen since and a reward is being offered in this case.
Extra Notes: This case first aired as a Special Bulletin on the April 5, 1996 episode of Unsolved Mysteries.
Some sources spell his first name as "Earnest".
Results: Captured. In 1996, Small was arrested in Atlanta, Georgia. He was extradited to California to face murder charges there. In November of 1997, he was extradited to Shreveport, Louisiana to face first-degree murder charges there as well. Further details are unavailable.
- Ernest Small on Unsolved Archive
- Police name suspect in beating death
- Solutions to five murders elude Bossier City authorities
- Crimestoppers "Crime of the Week"
- Man wanted in local slaying arrested in Calif.
- Ernest Small Arrest Article
- 'Unsolved Mysteries' fugitive returns