Real Name: Etta Louise Smith
Place Of Birth: Unrevealed
Date Of Birth: Unrevealed
Location: Burbank, California
Background: As a young girl, Etta Smith claimed to have odd feelings about future events, but it wasn't until she was thirty-two that Etta realized she had psychic powers. She had a psychic experience while working at an aerospace facility on December 17, 1980. She heard a news bulletin about the disappearance of a nurse named Melanie Uribe, and Etta had a psychic vision of where Melanie's body would be found. A few days later, Etta and her daughter located Melanie's body.
Detectives thought she was involved and she was arrested for Melanie's murder. However, the real killers later confessed, and Etta was released soon after. She continues to help police departments solve cases with her psychic abilities to this day.
Notes: The case was featured as a part of the February 3, 1995 episode.
- Etta Smith at Unsolved.com
- Body of nude woman found in remote area identified
- Woman Whose 'Vision' Led to Murder Victim Sues Over Arrest
- 'Psychic Vision' Woman Wins False Arrest Suit Against LAPD
- False arrest might be movie material
- Jury Awards $26,184 in 'Psychic Vision' Case
- Crime: Etta Smith's Fatal Vision
- Etta Smith's Inspiration Cost Her Four Days in Jail
- Can Psychics Solve Crimes?
- Psychics Helping Police Solve Crimes
- The Case Of The ‘Psychic Detectives’ - Skeptical Inquirer