Real Name: Eugene Palmer
Aliases: Uses the middle names of Kenneth and Kevin
Wanted For: Murder, Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution
Missing Since: September 24, 2012
Details: Tammy and John Palmer were in a middle of a messy and contentious divorce. Tammy had filed a restraining order against her soon to be ex-husband. On the morning of September 24, 2012, Tammy was returning to her home after walking her two children to the bus stop, when she was gunned down by her father-in-law, Eugene Palmer. Palmer promptly fled the area in a pick up truck, which was later found abandon near Harriman State Park. Searches of the state park failed to find a trace of Palmer. His family believed he has since died from health issues, but Police noted that he was an expert survivalist and could live of the land. Police also believe it is possible that someone helped him in his flight from justice and may be still in New York or fled to Florida.
Eugene is 5'10" tall, and weighs 220 lbs. He is a Caucasian male with gray hair that is balding and brown eyes. Palmer has diabetes, a heart condition, and his left thumb is deformed. Palmer was born on April 4, 1939 and is now in his early eighties.
Extra Notes: This case was featured on the twenty-eighth episode of the Unsolved Mysteries Podcast, which was released on August 25, 2021. It was also profiled on The Hunt with John Walsh, In Pursuit with John Walsh, and America’s Most Wanted.
Results: Wanted. Sadly, Tammy's mother, Violet Pannirello passed away in 2018 without seeing her daughter's killer apprehended.
- Eugene Palmer on Unsolved.com
- Eugene Palmer on Wikipedia
- Eugene Palmer on the FBI Website
- Eugene Palmer on the ID Crimefeed
- Police Comb a Dense Forest for a Suspect in a Killing - September 26, 2012
- Cadaver dogs hunt for fugitive Eugene Palmer in New York park after report of foul odor - October 17, 2012
- Tammy Palmer shooting: A year later, families seek closure - September 24, 2013
- Bones found in New York park belong to animal, not murder suspect, police say - December 2, 2013
- Police hunt for 77-year-old suspect in family feud killing - June 29, 2016
- New York man who allegedly murdered daughter-in-law added to FBI's 10 Most Wanted Fugitive list - May 29, 2019
- FBI Raids Home in Connection to Eugene Palmer Case - August 18, 2021
- AMWFans Discussion forum
- Tammy Palmer on Find a Grave