Real Name: Janice Kathryn Pockett
Nicknames: No known nicknames
Location: Tolland, Connecticut
Date: July 26, 1973
Date of Birth: October 15, 1965
Weight: 65 pounds
Marital Status: Single
Characteristics: Caucasian female with Blond hair and blue eyes. Janice had a gap between her teeth at the time of her disappearance
Details: Seven-year-old Janice Pockett vanished on July 26, 1973 after leaving her Tolland, Connecticut home on her bike to look for a butterfly. Her mother found her bike a half hour later on a road less than a mile from their home, and authorities presumed that she had been abducted after finding the butterfly. The police believe that her disappearance may be connected to those of four other young girls in the local area, but this theory has not been confirmed.
Suspects: Pedophile Charles Pierce confessed that he killed Janice and buried her next to an unidentified boy, but this theory was later dismissed.
Extra Notes: The original air-date of this case is unrevealed; there are conflicting reports on whether or not it was actually broadcast. This case was also profiled on Dark Minds.
Results: Unresolved. In 2000, bone fragments were found in the garage of Nathaniel Bar-Jonah, a man who was charged with the abduction and murder of a Montana boy who vanished in 1996 and some believed that they were Janice's because Bar-Jonah had lived only a few miles from where she was abducted in 1973. DNA testing showed that they were not hers, nor were they any other missing person's. Bar-Jonah was never charged with her abduction or murder, and he died in 2008. Her case remains unsolved.
- Janice's case on The Charley Project
- Janice's case on the Doe Network
- Janice Pocket - Missing Facebook page
- Officers find human remains in woods and locals suspect it could belong to one of three girls who went missing in the 1960s
- Task force to review cases of 3 missing girls
- Local Girls to be Featured on Investigation Discovery
- Vigil Held For Janice Pockett, Who Disappeared 45 Years Ago
- Janice Pockett on Find a Grave