Real Name: John Michael Spira
Nicknames: Chicago Johnny
Location: West Chicago, Illinois
Date: February 23, 2007
Occupation: Cable Company Owner
Date of Birth: September 24, 1961
Weight: 160 pounds
Marital Status: Separated
Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes.
Details: Forty-five-year old John Spira was in the process of divorcing his wife, Suzanne, and he had met with her on February 23, 2007, to discuss the proceedings. He later went to work where he was last seen by his business partner at 7:15pm sitting at his desk. In September 2007, his family placed a missing persons billboard across the street from his office. A few days later, on September 15, it was discovered missing and his office building was in flames. The fire was believed to have been the result of arson. Authorities are uncertain if it was related to his case, but foul play is suspected in his disappearance, which remains unsolved.
Suspects: None known, although his family suspects Suzanne was responsible. She was found dead in her home in 2010, but authorities have not named her or anyone else a suspect in his disappearance.
Extra Notes: This case was uploaded to the Unsolved Mysteries website on September 5, 2014. The person interviewed on the video is John's sister, Stephanie McNeil. The case was also profiled on America’s Most Wanted and Disappeared.
- Find John Spira website
- Missing John Spira Facebook page
- Find John Spira Twitter
- John Spira on the Charley Project
- John Spira on Missing Veterans
- Missing Man John Spira's Wife Dead For More Than 6 Months — Did Cops Have A Clue?
- John Spira Still Missing 5 Years Later As Sister’s Search Continues
- A St. Charles man's mysterious disappearance – 6 years later
- John Spira missing 10 years today, family and police still looking for answers