Real Name: Kevin Robert Harris II
Nicknames: Track Bully
Location: Inglewood, California
Date: September 20, 2009
Details: Twenty-one year old Kevin Harris, known professionally as Track Bully, was a musician and producer. He was already attracting attention as a rising star as Ice Cube had brought one of the songs he had wrote. On the night of September 20, 2009, Kevin was pulling into a parking lot of a recording studio to work on his music when another vehicle pulled up right next to him. Soon after, Their was a flurry of gunfire that left Kevin dead.
Due to the brazen nature of the murder, Investigators initially assumed it was a hit from a gang. However, after interviewing those who knew him, Kevin was not noted to have any affiliations in with any gang. The prospect of mistaken identity was also investigated into but was later ruled out. There is a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of Kevin's Killers.
Suspects: The suspect's vehicle is described as a dark colored sedan that was possibly a Toyota or Honda.
- This case was featured on the fortieth episode of the Unsolved Mysteries Podcast, which was released on November 17, 2021.
- This case was profiled on 48 Hours.
- Kevin Harris on Unsolved.com
- Kevin Harris on the FBI website
- Dispatch: 'I put some water on my socks and tried to wipe up the blood.' - October 2, 2009
- Producer gunned down outside recording studio may have been killed by music rivals, FBI say - March 30, 2018
- Hip Hop, murder and a father's relentless quest for justice - July 29, 2018
- Hot young hip-hop producer has a dark premonition on the day of his murder - September 28, 2020
- Memorial Website
- Kevin Harris on Find a Grave