Real Name: Jane Kuria, Isabella Kuria, Annabelle Kuria, Jeremy Kuria, and Peter Thande.
Nicknames: PK (Peter)
Location: Powder Springs, Georgia
Date: August 1, 2007
Details After the death of her husband, Jane Kuria and her three children came to the United States from to seek asylum because she believed her opposition against Female Genital Mutilation would endanger them. On the morning of August 1, 2007, Jane's sister-in-law, Pauline Thande, was concerned as any calls to the Kuria's house went unanswered. Pauline and her niece, Diana Maina, went to the Kuria household where Diana was the first to walk in on a dead and bloody body. Forty-seven-year-old Jane and her daughters, nineteen-year-old Isabelle and sixteen-year-old Annabelle had been bludgeoned to death. Jane's son, eight-year-old Jeremy, and her nephew, eleven-year-old Peter Thande, was also beaten but still alive. Both boys would survive the attack, but otherwise don't remember the event.
Suspects: An unidentified male suspect. He is from Kenya and his alibi is unreliable.
Extra Notes This case was featured on the eighth episode of the Unsolved Mysteries podcast, which was released on April 7, 2021.
- The Kuria Family Murders on Unsolved.com
- Police question survivor of attack that killed 3 in Georgia home
- Police searching for suspect in attack that killed 3 in Georgia home
- 3 Die in Home Near Atlanta; 2 Boys Injured
- Unsolved triple murder haunts family
- Who killed Jane Kuria, 45, Isabella Kuria, 19, and Annabel Kuria, 16? Reddit Post
- GONE COLD | A family massacred, a case left cold
- Powder Springs community rallies around teen