Real Name: Ricardo Villanueva Cordova
Aliases: No known aliases
Wanted For: Murder
Missing Since: June 18, 2013
Details: Thirty-three-year-old Ricardo Villanueva Cordova is wanted for the murder of his twenty-seven-year-old neighbor Michael Sylvester Sanchez on June 18, 2013, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. On June 18, Michael was pumping gas at a local gas station when Cordova approached him and began chasing him. Cordova caught up to him and stabbed him twenty-seven times. Tragically, he died at the hospital a few hours later.
Authorities determined that the two men had been involved in a dispute over Cordova's dog. Michael often complained about the dog's barking. Shortly before the murder, the dog was injured and Cordova believed that Michael was responsible. It is believed that the dispute was the motive for the killing.
Cordova is 6'0", 220 pounds, and was driving a 1997 Maroon and Beige pickup truck at the time of the murder. He is believed to be in Mexico.
Extra Notes: This case was uploaded to the Unsolved Mysteries website on November 14, 2014. The person interviewed in the video is Michael's brother, Isaac. "Crimestoppers" is asking for tips and information on Ricardo Villanueva Cordova to be sent at 505-242-COPS.
The case was also featured on In Pursuit with John Walsh.
- Ricardo Villanueva Cordova on Unsolved.com
- Neighbor dispute over dog barking leads to stabbing death
- Feud over dog led to fatal stabbing, police say
- Accused killer may be in Mexico
- Five years after son's murder, Albuquerque father still hoping for justice
- 2013 Albuquerque murder of Micheal Sanchez gains national attention
- New Mexico Man Allegedly Stabs Neighbor Over A Barking Dog, Then Goes On The Run
- Ricardo Villanueva Cordova at AMW Discussion Forum
- Michael Sanchez at Find a Grave