Real Name: Sherry Lynn Marler
Nicknames: Little Farmer
Location: Greenville, Alabama
Date: June 6, 1984
Date of Birth: August 18, 1971
Weight: 100-120 pounds
Marital Status: Single
Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sherry has two scars on her body. A two inch one on her stomach and an one-inch one on her upper back near her shoulder that is very wide.
Details: At around 6:40PM on June 6, 1984, twelve-year-old Sherry Marler went with her stepfather Raymond in Greenville, Alabama to a bank. While there, he gave her a dollar to go to a gas station across the street and get a soda. She left the bank, went to the gas station, and was never seen again. When Raymond went to the station fifteen minutes later, she was not there and she was reported missing.
Since she vanished, there were three different sightings of Sherry; each time, she was seen with an unidentified man. One witness saw her at a truck stop in Georgia, while another saw her at a mall in New Orleans. Each time, she appeared upset, disheveled, and dazed. Her family believes that she was abducted, but her case remains unsolved.
Suspects: The man that was seen with Sherry after she vanished was described as fifty-years-old, 5'8" tall, a husky build, a weathered complexion, and crow's feet around his eyes. At the first sighting, Sherry called the man "B.J.". He has never been identified.
Extra Notes: This case first aired on April 23, 1986 as part of Missing... Have You Seen This Person? Special #3. This case was also profiled on Missing.
Results: Unsolved. Sadly, Sherry's stepfather Raymond passed away in 2003 at the age of sixty-eight. Her mother Betty is still searching for her.
- Sherry Marler on the Charley Project
- Sherry Marler on the Doe Network
- Betty Stringfellow on the Surviving Parents Coalition
- Sherry Marler Facebook Page
- Sherry Marler on Alabama Law Enforcement Agency
- Sherry Marler Missing Poster
- Coffee County mother opens restaurant to honor missing daughter
- Mother of missing child searching for answers
- South Carolina officials aiding in search for AL woman who went missing in 1984
- Berkeley Co. Deputies Seek Public’s Help in 1984 Disappearance of Alabama Girl
- Raymond Stringfellow Obituary