Real Name: Susan L. Bachman
Nicknames: No known nicknames
Location: Clarion, Pennsylvania
Date: July 4, 2014
Date of Birth: Unrevealed
Weight: 140 lbs
Marital Status: Unrevealed
Characteristics: Caucasian female. Red hair, green eyes.
Details: On July 4, 2014, thirty-seven-year-old Susan Bachman was driven by her parents to a psychiatric hospital in Clairon, Pennsylvania, where she was going to be voluntarily committed. While driving along Maplevale Road, she became scared and decided that she didn't want to go. She jumped out of the vehicle while they were on highway I-80 driving at about fifty miles per hour. She then ran into the woods and vanished. Some of her belongings were later found in a nearby barn.
A week later, Susan was spotted in Gary, Indiana. On August 21, she was sighted in Texas, but she has yet to be located. Her family wants her to contact them to make sure she's okay.
Suspects: None known, although foul play is not suspected in her disappearance.
Extra Notes: This case was uploaded to the Unsolved Mysteries website on September 19, 2014. The people interviewed in the video are Susan's parents, Bill and Nancy Bachman.
Results: Solved. In April of 2015, police located her remains not far from where she was last seen in Jefferson County, Pennsylvania. Her death has since been ruled as an accident due to a skull fracture; police believe she was fatally injured after jumping from her parent's vehicle. They ruled out foul play and have closed the case.
- Susan Bachman on Unsolved.com
- Police search for missing woman
- Family searching for daughter
- Woman missing after jump from car
- Woman still missing after jumping from car
- Search continues for missing woman
- New lead in case of missing Julian woman
- Police find the remains of Susan Bachman
- State Police Recover Remains of Missing Woman
- Remains ID'd as Bachman
- Remains of troubled woman who leapt from car located near 1-80
- Remains of woman who leapt from car found near I-80
- State police close case of woman who jumped from car on I-80
- Pennsylvania Investigators Rule Woman's Deadly Leap From Car Accident, But Dispute Cause
- Death in leap from car ruled accident, but cause disputed
- Find Susan Bachman Facebook Page