Real Name: Tabitha Danielle Tuders
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Date: April 29, 2003
Date of Birth: February 15, 1990
Weight: 100 lbs
Marital Status: Single
Characteristics: Caucasian Female with Sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. Tabitha has pierced ears, a birthmark on stomach, and a scar on a finger.
Details: Thirteen-year-old Tabitha Tuders vanished somewhere between her home and bus stop. One neighbor saw her heading to school, but a neighborhood boy said he saw her getting into a red car about thirty to forty yards from where she was last seen. Tracking dogs followed her scent along her route and then veered off to an alley from where she was seen getting into the red car. On August, 19, 2003, five months after Tabitha disappearance, an 11 year old girl named Heaven Ross disappeared in the morning hours on her way to school in Northport, Alabama. Authorities believed both Tabitha's and Heaven's cases are connected. Unfortunately, Heaven's remains were found in Holt, Alabama, three years after she disappeared.
Suspects: The police have checked out Tabitha's brother, Kevin Tuders, due to his record, but he does not live in Nashville. Police have also checked a note reading "TDT -N- MTL." While TDT refers to her, MTL's identity has not been revealed. Another suspect was provided by a prison snitch who accused a fellow cell mate of confessing to her abduction and murder in a message scratched into a window, but that lead failed to go anywhere and was resolved as a hoax.
Extra Notes: This case was profiled on America’s Most Wanted and Disappeared.
Results: Unsolved. If Tabitha was still alive, she'd be twenty-nine years old today.
On January 2014, a note with "TDT - N - MTL" turned up, but it is believed it has no reference to this case. Judith Yates on Examiner.com is the only journalist working on Tabitha's case consistently and has followed many leads. There has been much conflicting information on this case, making it difficult to be solved.
- Find Tabitha website
- Tabitha Tuders on the Charley Project
- Tabitha Tuders on the FBI website
- Tabitha Tuders on the NCMEC website
- Never-Ending Grief
- Five years ago, 13-year-old Tabitha Tuders walked to the bus stop. Her family hasn’t heard from her since.
- Vigil held for Tabitha Tuders 14 years after her disappearance
- Tabitha Tuders' family still hopeful after 15 years
- New leads in Tabitha Tuders case point detectives back to Nashville
- Family still heartbroken 16 years after daughter Tabitha Tuders vanished from Nashville home
- Monday marks 16 years since disappearance of Tabitha Tuders