Real Name: Tara Louise Baker
Nicknames: No Known Nicknames
Location: Athens, Georgia
Date: January 19, 2001
Details: Tara Baker was an attractive and popular law student at the UGA School Of Law. Just hours before her 24th birthday, she was discovered murdered in her off-campus apartment. Her killer set a fire to her bedroom to mask the crime and destroy evidence. The police have not yet identified a suspect. A reward in the case stands at $26,000, and a billboard in East Athens with her photo asks the community for tips in catching her killer.
Suspects: No known suspects.
Extra Notes: The original airdate for this segment is unknown.. References to this case being on Unsolved Mysteries may be erroneous. This case was also profiled on Haunting Evidence.
- Tara's case on the Georgia Bureau of Investagation
- Law degree awarded posthumously to UGA student
- Another year: Baker murder still unsolved
- Not like the others
- UGA student’s death a decade-old mystery
- Student's murder remains unsolved after 11 years
- Still no arrest 16 years after UGA law student’s murder, but police believe the case can be solved
- Unresolved Reddit Post on Tara's case
- A Sister’s Search
- Tara Baker at Find a Grave