Real Name: Anthony Joseph Luzio Jr.
Nicknames: Tony, Buddy
Location: Powell, Ohio
Date: July 4, 2005
Occupation: Security Guard
Date of Birth: November 30, 1979
Height: 6'2 to 6'3
Weight: 200 pounds
Marital Status: Unrevealed
Characteristics: Caucasian male, Brown hair, brown eyes
Details: At around 4AM on July 4, 2005, Tony Luzio left a party at a friend's house on Bayhill Drive in Powell, Ohio and vanished. His car, a silver four-door 2004 Honda Civic with Ohio plates numbered DCA-5615 or DCS-5615, has also vanished. There is a fraternal order of police emblem on the back license plate, and a "Bush/Cheney" sticker on the rear window.
When Tony left, his friends assumed that he was going back to his apartment, although he gave his key to a friend. He might have been drunk that night. When he didn't show up for work that morning, his parents were notified and they called police.
Suspects: None known
Extra Notes: The case was profiled on America’s Most Wanted and Haunting Evidence.
Results: Solved. In the years following Tony's disappearance, police searched hundreds of bodies of water around the area where he was last seen. Eventually, they started searching bodies of water in Orange Township, on a hunch that Tony may have gone to visit a friend in the area on the night that he vanished. On October 21, 2014, divers used sonar equipment to search a retention pond in front of a Summerfield Village neighborhood off East Orange Road. Within minutes, his car was located; his body was inside. No foul play is suspected in this case.
- Tony Luzio at the Charley Project
- Tony Luzio Jr missing 9 years found dead in car in Ohio pond
- Car of missing man found in retention pond
- Body, Vehicle Found In The Search For Missing Powell Man Tony Luzio Jr.
- Forensic Testing Confirms Body Found in Pond is Missing Powell Man
- Remains in vehicle pulled from retention pond ID'd as Tony Luzio's
- Ohio man missing since 2005 found in car in lake; clever detective work, sonar help locate body
- Sonar finds car; Luzio’s family finds closure
- Tony Luzio at Find a Grave