Hi Thor2000 -- we are excited to have Unsolved Mysteries Wiki as part of the Wikia community!
Starting a new wiki can be overwhelming, but don't worry, the Wikia Community Team is here to help! We have put together a few guides to getting started. They say imitation is the best form of flattery so absolutely check out other wikis on Wikia for ideas on layout, ways to organize your content, etc. We are all one big family at Wikia and the most important thing is to have fun!
- Our guide to Getting Started gives you 5 things you can do right now to set your wiki up for success
- We also put together some Advice On Starting a Wiki which provides a more a in-depth look at some of the important things you should consider when building a wiki
- If you are new to wikis in general than we recommend checking our new user FAQ
If you need help (which trust me we ALL do) you can access our full in-depth help at Help Wikia, or email us through our contact form. Also, you can visit our live #wikia chat channel any time. A lot of the veteran "Wikians" hang out here so its a good place if come if you want to get some advice or simply make friends.
Now, go edit! We look forward to seeing this project thrive!
Best wishes, Catherine Munro
Unsolved Mysteries Wiki's LogoEdit
Hi Thor! Edit
I couldn't help overhearing your plea for help on M1shawhan's page on the Marvel Database. Is there anything I can do to help? I'm a helper with the Entertainment team, and an admin on all the Comic Databases. I read your inquiry on the Marvel talk page, but don't really understand what you'd like to do. You've got "three list pages assigned for the Wanted Cases, Unsolved Murders, Lost loved Ones and Mysterious Death Cases (which sounds like four), but they're not linked up right to where they should be coming up". Which pages are the lists, and where should they be linked to? :)
- Looking a little closer, it seems you do have four lists: UNSOLVED MURDERS, MYSTERIES AND UNSOLVED MURDERS, Lost, and Mosted Wanted Files. I can see that Lost is the Lost loved ones, and UNSOLVED MURDERS or MYSTERIES AND UNSOLVED MURDERS could be Unsolved Murders, and maybe Wanted Cases is Mosted Wanted Files, but I can't find the list of Mysterious Death Cases. Is that a different page than these?
- I've had big gaps in updates so I haven't been keeping track, so yeah: Wanted to Wanted, Unsolved Murders to Unsolved Mysteries, Lost Loved Ones to Lost and the fourth is for cases that don't fit under those three. If you can link those up to where they should land and cognate the appropraite titles, I'd be appreciative. If I catch a clog late, we can just adjust it again. Thor2000 18:30, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- Can you fix the Navigation side bar too? Thor2000 18:40, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot, dude. I'm eternally, grateful. I've obviously written a few casefiles and lists, but I've still got to figure a way to make templates and make the site look nicer. I'm hoping to create a site that should look like more the series' official webpage should look like and let fans of the series look up every cases by episode, directly and by common themes in each one, like by state or timeframe. I don't have internet at home so I have to do this a bit at a time. Thor2000 16:52, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
- Sounds like a big undertaking. A little at a time is probably the best way to do it. If you ever run into any other questions, feel free to leave me a message anytime, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Good luck! :)
- — Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 18:30, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
--I found it; I just can't figure out why it won't come up through the side tool bar. Thor2000 18:47, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- It came up for me when I went to "Contributing", left the mouse on that for a second, and the little side menu came up with 'Instructions', which I clicked. That went straight to your Instructions page when I clicked it. . . What are you doing?
The same thing. I was trying to create the link before and after I posted that message, and about the eight-tenth attempt to create the working link, it finally worked. I just ran out of time to let you know I finally got it. Sorry bout that. Thor2000 15:46, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- No problem, glad it's all cleared up. :)
- — Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 19:29, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
I responded on my talk page.
You might try to use word pad or notepad instead of Word, they usually work pretty good, and the files are smaller to save.
Sadly, no. You do have the option of putting each smaller category in a larger one, but I'm not sompletely sure that's what you're looking for.
So you could have Category:Articles, with Category:People and Category:Things inside it, by adding Category:Articles to the other two categories' pages. So in essence, the page that has Category:People on it will also be in Category:Articles, though I can't remember if they'll both show up that way, or if only People will show. (That's what I expect).
Hope this helps,
Doesn't need to be pretty to be pretty sweet! You should also check out EditPadPro through Google. I love it because I can use regular expressions to search and replace, and you can have a bunch of tabs open to work on at the same time. I'm not sure how I used to get along without it. :)
Site Traffic Edit
I'm not 100% sure. When I've heard about how well a wiki is doing, it was usually in a big spreadsheet listing. The guy who makes the spreadsheet for wikia staff is Danny. Try asking him on his talk page. :)
russelco woman09 Edit
hi thor 200 thank for welcome me on board .this page is slow typing
About John Cheek, you're telling me that over 16 years after his disappearance, he STILL hasn't been found?
- If there's been an update as to his whereabouts, I haven't found it. Thor2000 15:17, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
specific episode Edit
I am trying to determine if a show my mother saw years ago was on Unsolved mysteries. It was about several siblings who had been separated and sent to an orphanage in Missouri Valley, Iowa. This was sometime between 1930 and 1940. Gradually, they separately found their mother's grave and began leaving messages on it. They found each others messages (sometime in the 1980's or 1990's) and reunited. This episode is important to me because it was my mother's family that originally took the baby of this family it after the mother died. Some of my mother's siblings (now in their 90's) have seen the program, but some haven't. It would be great to order a copy of the episode.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
- Robin, I'm not sure I recognize the segment. I've got limited descriptions/facts on the cases I've got listed and I'm missing descriptions/facts on cases I don't have listed. If the case is on the site at all, check the Lost Loves cases and cross-check with Iowa. That might help. Thor2000 16:25, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
looking for episode Edit
I'm looking for an episode that aired late 1989, October, November, perhaps early December 1989 about a woman who was murdered, strangled, raped. She was actually murdered 1984 and was a "cold case" until case taken off shelf, body exumed and face reconstructed and a media blast including unsolved mysteries episode done late 1989 about her. One significant thing about case is she wore a necklace "#1Grandma" which is why dectective's reopened her case. Thanks for help. Please respond to: barbgrandon@SBCglobal.net
Looks like a fun site! I love Unsolved Mysteries. Used to watch it every week when I was a kid. Still love it and wished it was on DVD now. Is it? I don't know if it is or not...LOL! Anyway, I enjoy reading the stories and such. Thanks for creating this wonderful site.
Leana Jo H.
I wanted to ask you a question about the category of Unresolved. I was wondering what the category specifically means, because I believe it means that the case was mostly solved, but there are still some unanswered questions about it. I was a little confused about it.
Thanks in advance,
- That's basically it. It's reserved for cases that are "partially solved." Murder cases where the culprit was captured but the body remains missing, fugitives who took their lives to escape prosecution... basically, any case which has reached a resolution but has left unanswered questions. I first used it on the Tracy Jo Shine case where her accused killer was caught, but he refused to disclose her wherabouts and I started applying it to other cases. Thor2000 16:11, February 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you!
- I made a page for an extremely noteworthy case (Notorious B.I.G.) and I want to hear your thoughts. UBFunkaneer says "That's what a gentleman does." 22:34, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
- This is definitely a worthy case, especially since it supposedly ties in to the murder of Tupac. I just added a bit more and adjusted the HTML to resemble other cases on the site. Thor2000 15:18, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for the McAllister Major posting, unsolved murders. Jackie and Gord McAllister were my parents. I appreciate that her unsolved murder is not forgotten. 188.8.131.52 15:12, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
- You're welcome. I hope you get the closure you deserve. Thor2000 15:27, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
I and my husband's family are in search of some type of closer in the killing of MRS MARY LEE WOODS who was killed almost 51 years ago in January 1961 we need any and all help we can - Unknown Author
- I'm not a detective nor am I connected with the series; I'm a writer. You need to contact police investigators. Thor2000 16:37, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
User:184.108.40.206 vandalized several pages relating to Latin American drug/organized crime figures. I've reverted the edits. The IP traces back to somewhere in Mexico. Maybe they're actually involved with one or more of these cases? Anyway to pass this along to proper authorities? Thanos6 19:32, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not against it, but I doubt that they'd do anything about it. One thing: if you can, try to add updated material at the HTML level, it would save me a lot of time to not go in and replace the code where it vanishes. I try to catch up on all the cases, but no longer get updates on everything that's been edited/updated. Thor2000 16:23, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry. When you say HTML level, do you mean picking Source over Visual? Thanos6 19:00, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Also, more vandalism. User:220.127.116.11 keeps vandalizing the John Charles Arbogast page. Thanos6 10:38, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes - Most of the time I can just spot-check updates, but most of the time people are upsetting the templates (the set profile form controlling links and bold print) or placing pics in odd places and I have to go under source, delete too many images, repair breaks, and get rid of the extra spaces. And, yes, vandalism is a problem. Some people just don't have better things to do with their time than make more time for others. I put a lock on the Arbogast page to block unregistered users. Thor2000 16:37, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Thor, I was wondering if you could put a lock on the Stuart Heaton and Krystal Nabb cases to block unregistered users, because one of the users keeps giving their own opinions on the case, and they are obviously a supporter of Stuart Heaton even though what they say doesn't make much sense. Thanks in advance! -Unsolved243
- Done and done Thor2000 (talk) 17:31, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
I was wondering if Rita Cala Faulkner was ever caught.She holds a position as property manager in carlsbad california and has accsess to bank account numbers as well as ssn to all the tennants that live here.How can this women hold this position with her criminal background.please contact me at 760-500-9318.104.22.168.184 05:02, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm a writer, not a detective - Your question can best be answered by a detective familiar with the case. Thor2000 (talk) 16:20, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
New to the Site Edit
I am new to the board and wanted to thank you, Thor2000 for correcting the lists for some of the episodes that I had submitted. I wasn't sure what the best way would be to display them.
I am a huge Unsolved Mysteries fan and am the editor for the Unsolved Mysteries section on www.tv.com. Essentially, I have been going through and re-ordering everything in the order they orginally aired and submitting what information I have found through the actual episodes and research via TV Guide and other sources. I am currently at the end of Season 4 with my submissions. I look forward to adding what information that I have to this awesome resource.
If you have any suggestions or recommendations, please feel free to let me know.
- Are you the reason I have to go back and renumber the episodes? Did you stick a new episode in there somewhere? My numbering was based on merging the episode descriptions of four websites and elimating the reruns lacking new segments. If you can catch up me on that, I'd be greatly appreciated since I get very little time to work on the site these days. I try to keep up with the updates, keeping the cases orderly and dealing with vandalism, but other than that, I enjoy hearing from other UM fans who appreciate this exhaustive site, and yes, I did use the TV.com site a few times to pinpoint episodes for cases, and as you may have noticed, I did focus on listing new cases in the episode guide instead of including repeats, but some fans like having a list of the Spike TV and Lifetime repeats which I had to move to keep the list from being so unwieldy and long to pull up. Thor2000 (talk) 16:13, August 16, 2012 (UTC)
- One thing I encourage people is to include links to relevant cases or at least refer to websites where they have pulled info under LINKS. That's one place this website is sorely missing on. If you can do anything in that area, I'd appreciate it. I just ask you add links in the SORCE format since it's easier to control the look and layout that way. Thor2000 (talk) 16:21, August 16, 2012 (UTC)
Hi. I've been reading through the various articles and noticed some spelling/grammatical errors and figured I should sign up and fix them. Any chance it would be okay to change"unrevealed" could to "unknown" when it comes to airdates? Unrevealed seems unnecessarily mysterious and using the term unknown might elicit more contributions from those who have that information.
I don't know about that; to me "Unrevealed" just means "Unrevealed." "Unknown" just sounds like "Lost." I'd take it by a case by case basis, but I think all the missing airdates have been uncovered. Thor2000 (talk) 16:00, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
My daughter watched a show from 1991 I think. A woman named "Sharon Johnson" claimed to be reincarnated. She said she was a John Gillespie from Omaha Nebraska. That is my Great Great Grandfather. Is there any way of contacting "Sharon" to see what she remembers?22.214.171.124 14:39, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
John Charles ArbogastEdit
I would like to ask you to remove the content you have on your Unsolved Mystery page under John Charles Arbogast. This incident occured in 1996 and was resolved a few months after the case aired. John Charles Arbogast is NOT a wanted individual as you report. If you believe he is, you can notify law enforcement and you will find that this case has been resolved. My Emial is Stormchaser@inbox.com if you wish to contact me for any further clarification. If you refuse to remove this misleading information, I will be forced to contact a lawyer to take legal action against you as this information is false and harmful to my reputation.
I have contacted Goggle with my complaint and they suggested contacting you before I take legal action.
- I have updated the information as per your request. I apologize for any circumstances that may have resulted since and hope this resolves the matter. Thor2000 (talk) 16:21, October 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I appreciate your responce but the information on your page is not accurate and falls within the range of defamation of character. I am insisting that the entire page be removed. I wish to work this out with you in a civil manner but if forced, I will get legal advice on my options for defamation of character.
- Are you suggesting the case has the name of the wrong person in the article? Thor2000 (talk) 15:50, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
- I am saying that the facts in the story are inaccurate and inflamatory. I do not want to get into the history of this case but the information given is totally incorrect. If you and wiki continue to perpetuate this false information, I will have no choice but to have it legally removed. Why do you insist on keeping this on your site when it was not even one of the UM stories. It was a 15 second announcement trying to locate me during a period that I was very suicidal. I was never charged with what your information is putting out, it was a totally different offense that has been dealt with.
- The story HAS been removed; if it is back up, let me know, but here's what happened: The case was described around a missing child named Charles Abogast, but someone altered it to the case you saw. I reverted it back, but the vandalism returned. Finally, to sate this unidentified vandal, I split the true case from the case you saw WITHOUT the knowledge that the case you saw was inaccurate. A bit of research might have saved you the grief, but several more legitimate cases on UM are next to impossible to research so I decided to give the submitter the benefit of the doubt. However, since you have put me on to the proper research, the case has been removed and if the vandal returns again, I'll know how to handle it this time. I am trully sorry for your duress, and I hope this finally rectifies the matter. Thor2000 (talk) 16:24, October 29, 2012 (UTC)
- THank you so much Thor. My family and I are very appreciative.
Updates and BeautificationEdit
Hey Thor, I'm a member of Wikia's Community Development team and I came across your Wiki when a friend of mine posted a link on Facebook! Good work! The Wiki is getting approximately 10k views a day which is extremely impressive for a show that stopped airing a decade ago.
Anyway, I was wondering if you would be interested in a few updates. There are new features including forums, live chat, top ten lists (ranking episodes, perhaps?), and the most recommended by me- a new message wall system (this "Talk page" I'm currently using to communicate with you is very outdated). Let me know if you want to turn any of those on.
More importantly, I'd like to beautify the Wiki with your permission. I can create a custom logo and background, and revamp the main page to include streamlined sections that would highlight featured articles, featured episodes, videos, polls, and whatever else you can think of. I'd even make fancy buttons for navigating cases by Location, Year, Case Themes, Crime, and Case Status. Also, the navigation bar could use some work. Let me know if you will accept my mission! PORTERFIELD 21:12, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry to leave you hanging, I'm all all for making this site look as best as it can be as long as you don't edit or change any of the hard work I've already done. Thor2000 (talk) 15:24, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Don't worry, I am not touching any of your articles. As for the main page, I will not delete anything you wrote, but I am going to reorganize some of the text into sections. If you don't like the end result I can change it back, but I think you will like it. One question, though, how is there not an article for Robert Stack!? Cheers. PORTERFIELD 01:46, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
Looking for a particular episode featuring a psychic fraud Edit
I am an artist trying to make a video piece based on my memory of a specific unsolved mysteries episode that I can't seem to find. There's something like 500 + episodes and I'm a feeling a little overwhelmed in my research! I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. The episode I"m looking for features a psychic (i believe that would be the proper term?) whose skin flaked gold. I vividly remember a clip of this woman having a necklace with the virgin mary on it, being extracted from her ear by another woman. It's a very grain video (early 80's video technology) and this woman is screaming bloody murder. I am almost positive this woman turned out to be a fraud.
I know that's a vague recollection to work from - but if can help me narrow down my search at all, I would be greatly apprecaitive!
126.96.36.199 01:20, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Thor2000. I am an Englishman but a real fan of Unsolved. Can I just ask if you could add a picture to the Joe Shepard page. I tried to get it on but because I don't have an account I couldn't add it. It's a recaptured Shepard looking a bit like a Beatle! Anyway, please try to get this picture from the internet. Thank you.
- I'll try to find it and get it up at my earliest convenience. If you have it, you can send it to me at email@example.com and I'll try getting it up sooner. Thor2000 (talk) 17:44, February 28, 2013 (UTC)
I am English so I regularly get updates about Madeleine McCann, and that's why I edited. Thanks.
I just noticed, is it me or is it more than a coincidence that the killers in the Dick Hansen and Richard Aderson cases look alike, and the murders were also similar, seeing that they had arguments on the road.
Just wondering. Please reply if you also see what I see. Thanks.
- I saw it, could be a coincidence.... Thor2000 (talk) 15:43, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
Do you possess any Unsolved Mysteries videos, because all Unsolved clips have recently been deleted form YouTube. I would love to see them on this site. Maybe clips for quite a lot of the cases, or update clips for the solved ones. Just a suggestion, but I think it would work.
- I don't have any videos; sorry Thor2000 (talk) 15:43, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
Passing of Dennis FarinaEdit
Hi Thor, Just wanted to remind you that on 22 July 2013, host Dennis Farina passed away aged 69. No more UM unless we find a new host. :,(
- I heard the sad news. - Thanks for telling me Thor2000 (talk) 21:28, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
I saw that you created an entry for an episode my grandmother was on and included pictures of both her and her brother. I was wondering if you have a copy of the episode itself. Our family had an old VHS tape of it years ago, but no one has seen it for years. http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/The_Brother_of_Sylvia_Wemhoff
188.8.131.52 18:25, August 3, 2013 (UTC)Brad
- i'm sorry, I wish i could help, but I just didn't keep videos of the series. Sorry about that Thor2000 (talk) 21:22, August 3, 2013 (UTC)
I am curious to know why you created this Wiki? Are you employed by UM? The information in the "story" regarding Marlilu Geri is misleading and wrong in so many ways. I lived in that neighborhood when this happened and I know the real life people this happened to. Mr. Geri's internet reputation is so tarnished due to folks like you and UM promoting a story that has many mistakes and was practically rewritten in order to promote a television show. Mr. Geri was never arrested and is not a person of interest. Can you please stop promoting this storiy and take this Wiki down. The statements made are untrue and slanderous.
- Send me a link with the correct info and i'll update it correctly. Thor2000 (talk) 20:33, October 8, 2013 (UTC)
Hi thor are you the one writing a book on the charles mulet case? (Author Unknown)
- Sorry, I never made any such plans. Thor2000 (talk) 23:07, November 12, 2013 (UTC)
Blair Adams VandalismEdit
I had only noticed somebody put a duragatory edit on the Blair Adams page. It said something to the effect of: and he was ass fucked when his pants were down
I assumed that was just random internet trolling or something of the like.
I wasn't sure I'd be able to edit it, but it let me, so I deleted that short part of the page.
- Yeah, that something you have to watch out for here in addition to odd messages, altering of the templates and just unauthorized erasures of bios. Thor2000 (talk) 17:50, November 18, 2013 (UTC)
- It was locked due to excessive vandalism. Just upload the images here and I'll add them to the case. Thor2000 (talk) 22:41, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Home PageEdit
Hey Thor, since this is your Wikia (Unsolved Mysteries) I wanted your permission before I do this. I wanted to create episode list pages for the two Cosgrove UM related shows of which there is very little information about online - 'Final Appeal' - which aired in 1992, and 'Missing...have you seen this Person?' which was 2 specials (IIRC) also made by Cosgrove that aired in 1985 (no episodes have surfaced to my knowledge).
- I have now registered, so with your permission I will create those pages. My source for them is 4 different news articles I found on the specials (far as I can tell now, there was actually 3 of them). The show even has almost the same opening disclaimer the Um specials did in 1987. (the Last Missing...special aired in April 1986). A couple of the missing children featured are mentioned, one was Laura Bradbury, who vanished at the Joshua Tree monument. Unsolved1981 (talk) 13:13, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
What are you doing to the pages? Edit
Thor, I see you saw the show pages I added. I didn't want to make them like AMW because they are both Cosgrove shows. Missing is basically the prototype for UM. I put a lot of work into making those look good, and now they are messed up.
- I just formatted them to match the other TV shows described on the site so that the template remains identical instead of varying by the series. I'd like them to look as good as possible too, but they looked mostly bare on info. 16:06, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
OK, I will readd the information in the proper format you put in. I've found some more newspaper articles that mention more of the cases. Sadly, many of them are still unsolved. Unsolved1981 (talk) 16:08, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
- Feel free to peruse the other TV Shows for ideas on how to write these shows up. If you know the other cases on these shows, I don't see why we can't include them here as was done with Haunting Evidence. 16:11, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
- You might be able to uncover more details on the shows themselves from Wikipedia and TVGuide.com and similar sites. A longer-lasting series like AMW deserves a larger description while a brief series like Missing could get by with a short paragraph. Like I said, read the other shows for the type of info that would be useful to describe the series. Thor2000 (talk) 16:15, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, Missing is UM's prototype, about the only thing different is the name (nearly the same disclaimer, descriptions mention 'spooky music'). Same thing for Final Appeal; it just seems natural we'd cover them all here since they are both too small to have their own wikias. Missing I guess covered around 65 missing people so it was a good number. I did find some publicity photos for the show as well. I could come up with something from the newspaper write ups. Unsolved1981 (talk) 16:18, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
Oh something else I've been meaning to bring up Edit
Thor, Something else I wonder what you think of - right now the 'unsolved' category is filled with several 'Unexplained' cases that really are not solvable (being that they are unexplained phenonemon) - is it possible that a new category for those could be made so that users can see which (solvable) crime cases are still unsolved? Unsolved1981 (talk) 16:41, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
- You're not the first person to mention this, but I still don't see any logical reason to exclude them from that category while we're still using other categories to identify them from the regular crime and mystery cases. 17:08, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
Change at Angels Edit
How about undoing this change, please? Both cases feature angels, and in my opinion it's better and nicer to see both cases when refering to angels. If "Angels" is just a redirect to one of the cases, then a) it's seems like the other case is not so important or in some way inferior and b) one might overlook/miss the other case, especially when browsing and not reading everything.
Maybe instead of just undoing it: How about undoing, but than adding a line like "There have been two cases in UM featuring angels"? -Quark3021 (talk) 00:50, April 21, 2014 (UTC)
- There SHOULD be links connecting cases that were part of the same segment; if there isn't one, it's because I didn't write the bio or I just haven't got back to it. Thor2000 (talk) 16:56, April 21, 2014 (UTC)
Hi Thor! I just joined this incrediable wiki and just made my first edit. But I wonder if its possible to change the name of an entier article? This due to the fact that it is misspeled. Im refuring to the article Marie Lilienberg and Maria Wahien. She is called Walhén and not Wahien. regards, Axel Absalonh (talk) 09:44, May 15, 2014 (UTC)
- I already looked at the case file. It is already under the correct spelling with a re-direct under the other spelling. Thor2000 (talk) 22:28, May 15, 2014 (UTC)
I couldn't edit Signal Mountain ATV Murders Page... I see you had some annoying back and forth editing years ago with a user.
But anyway the episode aired on Jan 3, 1990 if you want to update it.
Also here is a link to a April '14 story by the NBC station in Nashville:
- I'll cover it Thor2000 (talk) 17:52, December 4, 2014 (UTC)
Todd McAfee case as 'solved'Edit
Thor, I was going through some older cases and I noticed you had marked the Todd McAfee case as solved. It seems that it should be 'unresolved' because no one was ever charged for it. This article from 2012 basically calls it a cold case: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120818/ARTICLE/120819629
As of 2012, both the housekeeper and the husband are still alive, so they could still presumably be charged if new info came to life. Anyway, I don't normally like to change your classifications of cases unless there is a good reason.
- Thanks for the update! Thor2000 (talk) 17:10, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
Doreen Picard pageEdit
Not sure if you noticed some recent edits to the Doreen Picard page, but it looks like there was a mild edit war going on. I am a little confused as to the situation - was his conviction overturned or not? Shouldn't it be tagged 'unresolved'? The article linked at the bottom was removed from the news website it was on, and there was no comment about it from any other source, so it makes me wonder what exactly has happened. Best I can figure, this Beaver Tempest guy is TRYING to get dna testing done to prove something but it doesn't look like he actually has. Any idea how we should proceed with this one? Unsolved1981 (talk) 18:25, February 14, 2015 (UTC)
- I don't know much about the case, but it should make better sense now. Thor2000 (talk) 23:37, February 14, 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm not sure how this works but i have questions on how to get help on a case featured on unsolved mysteries. Can you help? --JessLoveBello2007 (talk) 06:55, February 23, 2015 (UTC)Jessica Hernandez
- Go to Unsolved.com. They can help you there. This is just a fan site. Thor2000 (talk) 17:14, February 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Just wondering whether Doreen Picard's article should be changed to Susan LaFerte; or the latter name be added to the heading of the page i.e. Susan LaFerte and Doreen Picard; or perhaps Susan LaFerte be given her own separate page? The reason for this is because the segment heading for this case was broadcast as "Amnesia" in both the seventh special with Robert Stack (May 18, 1988) and later in episode 103 with Dennis Farina (August 11, 2009) not "Murder" so the main subject was LaFerte and her amnesia preventing a resolution to the case. Whatever you deem best I'll adapt to and change the Wikipedia list of episodes page accordingly. Cheers Thor! Darkcolt (talk) 05:01, February 2, 2019 (UTC)
- It's listed under Doreen because Doreen Picard was an unsolved murder case; Doreen being the murder victim.. LaFerte's amnesia was a deterrent to solving the case. Focusing on LaFerte's amnesia seems to be a bit of a misdirection. Thor2000 (talk) 21:26, February 2, 2019 (UTC)
Teresa McDonald picEdit
Thor, the pic on that page you corrected isn't the same Teresa McDonald, the one in the Missing episode was a little girl but the picture is of a teenager in Georgia who vanished while hitchhiking. I don't know how to remove pictures from articles though, can you remove that one for me?
- It's gone Thor2000 (talk) 04:19, February 27, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks Thor. I am the boyfriend, Paul Cornwell. Just updating facts in error or unlisted. I had never been to the Wiki page on the disappearance and Unsolved Mysteries. It would be Lisa's fiftieth birthday yesterday. Thank you though for your invite and prayers. I am, etc. Paul Cornwell 184.108.40.206 05:56, April 12, 2015 (UTC)
Glad to help! I like to make sure all of the cases are written in past-tense. I know that there are tons of contributors to the Unsolved Mysteries Wiki and not all of them write everything in the correct tense; I'm just here to fix that and help out!
- I may be mistaken, but you might be the first person actually connected to one of the cases to want to update it accordingly. Most of us are just fans of the show who are fond of certain cases and trying to keep updates present for others to find while some of us are just armchair detectives trying to research cases. I hope the site appeals to both types of fans wanting resolutions to these cases and hoping the facts are kept as accurate as possible. Thor2000 (talk) 15:22, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
How about finding Rachel Cyriacks---missing in South Dakota--it would be a very interesting case (Unknown author)
- As this site has already gone beyond including cases not connected to "Unsolved Mysteries," I've no problem with extraneous cases being added as long as they were formatted correctly. Thor2000 (talk) 01:19, May 1, 2015 (UTC)
I WAS A CHILD WHEN THIS EPISODE AIRED AND I NEED HELP WITH THE DETAILS. I WAS TOO YOUNG TO REMEMBER BUT I WANT TO HELP. I BELIEVE IT WAS A MISSING CHILD SEGMENT. A PSYCHIC PREDICTED THAT THE CHILD HAD BEEN KIDNAPPED OR SOMETHING OF THAT NATURE AND A SKETCH OF 2 DIAMOND SHAPED BUILDINGS WERE PRODUCED. THE BUILDINGS THAT WERE PRODUCED WERE ACROSS THE STREET FROM MY BUILDING IN NEW YORK CITY, EAST HARLEM, I BELIVE THAT THEY HAD NO IDEA WHERE THE BUILDINGS WERE AND I WANT TO HELP. I REMEMBER LOOKING FOR THE CHILD BUT NEVER SAW HIM OR HER AND DO NOT REMEMBER WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE. THE BUIDLINGS ARE CALLED SHOMBURG TOWERS I BELIEVE AND THEY ARE STILL A RESIDENCE TO THOUSANDS TODAY. IF ANYONE OUT THERE CAN REMEMBER THIS EPISODE AND THIS MISSING CHILD WITH THE PSYCHIC BROUGHT IN RESPOND TO THIS POSTING. I WAS BETWEEN THE AGES OF 6 AND 8 WHEN I SAW THE EPISODE IN THE EARLY 90'S PERHAPS. IM 25 NOW. PLEASE HELP.
Saw your post and was intrigued... Am currently tracking all LOST cases in this list: http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Casefiles
Trying to find similarities to your description... you may try this method to. Any more details can assist in this search. (Unknown Author)
Is there a way to send a private message?
- You can contact me through my Facebook or my website - Links to both are at the top of the page - Thor2000 (talk) 22:10, June 16, 2015 (UTC)
I was looking for my niece's profile on Unsolved Mysteries. I'm not sure how to add her info on this site. Would you be able to put her info onto this site? I don't want her murder to go unnoticed and hopefully solved before her mother passes. Her name is Angie Bone she was found murdered in 1993 in Busch's Wildlife Conservation?
- If this is in regard to Angie Housman, I have complied and added a bio for her. Thor2000 (talk) 21:44, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
hello I thought that was going on my dads page as a comment. I interviewed with Courtney and I have a video I wish it could be attached somehow to my fathers write up.
Thor good morning, I have no idea if I have the pages right an if they are even out there to be seen or what I have to do with them. My interviewed with Courtney at Unsolved Mysteries they are no on the air no longer they do interviews and put it on videos. I have interviewed with the news reporters in Columbia SC. I have been trying to get my dads story on 48 hrs, I have also tried getting on other shows nothing as of yet. Next month it will be 19 years my father will be murdered and no name to go with the composite they are at a loss. I need to get his story out for everybody to see in the undited states. He could still be in Columbia SC and he could have moved out to another state or he could be in Prison do not know.
Not sure if I have done the pages right or not or even what I am suppose to do with it.
13:29, July 20, 2015 (UTC)220.127.116.11Thanks Tammy13:29, July 20, 2015 (UTC)13:29, July 20, 2015 (UTC)13:29, July 20, 2015 (UTC)~
Father murdered 19 yrs ago Edit
I am not sure how this all works, I need to know if my fathers case is getting out. Do nto understand how this works, I am wanting to get my fathers story out everywhere, I want to see his name in list for people to read and see a composite and also see interviews with ?Unsolved Mysteries and with the reporter. I need to know what I am doing wrong and what I need to do is right.
Tammy/Jack L Robinson 19 yr Murdered 13:52, July 20, 2015 (UTC) I hope my signature is here Tammy/Jack L Robinson 19 yrs murder
- Dear Tammy, I'm very sorry to hear about your father, but this place is more of a fan site for fans of the TV series to look up and check the progress of cases that they recall. We're not really affiliated with the production team affiliated with the series, and we're not connected with any law enforcement groups. This site will definitely make your father's case more familiar to fans of the show, but we really can't do anything to help solve it. I hope this will explain to you a bit better what we're doing here. Thor2000 (talk) 15:48, July 20, 2015 (UTC)
Rosenbaum Case Edit
I traced the IP address of the idiot doing the anon edits on the Michael Rosenblum page to Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Someone up there has way too much time on their hands. Mothballl (talk) 22:09, September 6, 2015 (UTC)Mothballl
- Not sure why the case was coming up blank for me, but it came back after I got rid of the fake nick-name and nonsensical ramblings. Thor2000 (talk) 23:28, September 6, 2015 (UTC)
Hi THor2000', I am a retired Electronic Technician,age 74, as you are aware I have made several edits to the 'Unsolved Mysteries --Amelia Earhart, I started studying her after seeing the TIGHAR reports of the exploration trip in augest 2012. I had not heard of Nikumaroro Island, though My wife and I were on Christas Island, Kiribati for about three months in 2004
I started searching the internet and learned of the 3 main theoies. One of the searches yelded the complete 421 page publishers, copy of of the book "EAST to the DAWN the life of AMELIA EARHART" by Susan Butler, whose mother was a personal friend of Amelia, and a 99. Only a few pages were about the dissapearance of Amelia. Most of the information there was from a book "Searching for Amelia " by Japanese Journalist Kukiko Aoki, who later became bureau chief for the Japanese version of News Week. She was shown copies of the log books of the Survey ship Koshu. Since many of the accounts of Amelia and Fred were in conection with the Koshu, she made notes about where it went and when.
From this information and more, gethered from at least half a dozen books, videos, and other sources I wrote the small Kindle e book "EARHART and NOONAN the MISSING LINK" published on July 2, 2015.
I am writing a very condenced version for promotion Purposes. This is basically what I have been putting in the edits I have entered in WIKIA.
I believe I have solved the main points about what happened, how it happened, where it happened as well as why, when! and who done it, (to use all of Kippling's serving men).
I would like to put it on wikia as well as on wikipeda. I am not sure how to go about it. Could it go on a new feed under Solved?
18.104.22.168 04:53, October 9, 2015 (UTC) Duane Hamblin
- Seeing as how the page is really just meant to be a description of the Unsolved Mysteries segment, I'm trying to keep just the briefest updates to the case on the main page. However, the talk page linked to it could be used for posting short blogs on the investigation and new info coming on to it. You could put dates to each blog and sign them to keep people interested in the case updated without excessively expanding the main page. Thor2000 (talk) 16:03, October 9, 2015 (UTC)
There is an update to the Mark V. Dennis Story
22.214.171.124 04:36, January 6, 2016 (UTC)
Hi i was wondering why you changed my edit on the Wendy Camp murder. It is RESOLVED if Beverly Noe has been sentenced to 15 years prison and the grandma died so how can it still be unresolved?
- An "Unresolved" tag is used on cases that still have unanswered questions, like a body missing in a murder case or an accomplice that that hasn't been identified. As far as the Wendy Camp case, Grover Prewitt, Ida's son, is still awaiting trial to determine his complicity. Thor2000 (talk) 18:45, April 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Hi, for suggestions of cases that could be added does it have to be cases that only occur/occurred in USA or Canada? Wadada 01:47, April 10, 2016 (UTC) Judyhymesisalive
- As long as its given the same perimeters as any other case on the site and placed on the Suggestions page. Thor2000 (talk) 17:19, April 10, 2016 (UTC)
I don't mean to be rude or anything but is there a reason why you always edit my information that i add to the UM cases? I notice you don't do it to the other users? Just curious..... Wadada 00:19, April 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Actually, I have done it to others. I'm apologize if you think I'm just doing it to you; I guess I'm just really OCD when it comes to grammar. Thor2000 (talk) 01:10, April 20, 2016 (UTC)
Ok that's cool, no problems! I thought maybe the info i was putting was wrong but i definitely make sure i've got the info correct before posting. Wadada 20:52, April 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Most of what I'm doing is grammar, making sure data ends up in the right places (people place updates everywhere but under Updates), completing incomplete thoughts or just removing comments because guests to the site don't understand there's a place for comments. I'm not doing it to be malacious; I'm doing it because I like this site having a sense of being professional. Thor2000 (talk) 21:30, April 20, 2016 (UTC)
I see. Where is the sections for 'comments'? Would you rather i write the info i find some place else.... I would never delete anything without consulting you first, all i ever have done is add info that i found through research.
- At the talk of each page is a Tab marked "Talk" - Clicking on that takes each page to its own comment page. Thor2000 (talk) 23:52, April 20, 2016 (UTC)
- It's just that when i look at the wiki activity on the right of the page my contributions are the only ones that get edited. Maybe its because the other contributors have been here longer. All good.
So what made you make a unsolved mysteries wiki? are u a big fan? Wadada 19:47, April 24, 2016 (UTC)
- I was very much into the show when it first started. When Lifetime started repeating the episodes and I started doing research on the case, I ran into a lot of people like me with the same questions. What happened in that case? What was that case? As I was into a lot of Wikia sites, I knew the format was appropriate to compile episodes and link cases by themes and locations. Thor2000 (talk) 20:53, April 24, 2016 (UTC)
Yeah i hear alot of people talking about 'lifeline' i dont know what that is? I'm not from USA or live in USA. I think its a great wiki because after all these years people still have interest in the cases. I dont know what Spike is either?
Wadada 21:51, April 24, 2016 (UTC)becca
- Lifetime and Spike are Cable TV networks. In it's history, "Unsolved Mysteries" ran on NBC-TV then on CBS-TV. After the series ended, Lifetime restarted it with new episodes until they cancelled it. Spike ran it briefly then Lifetime re-newed it. Thor2000 (talk) 21:23, April 27, 2016 (UTC)
It says you were born in Germany? I live in Germany but i'm Australian. Do you speak German? BeccaWadada 20:22, April 27, 2016 (UTC)
No. My father was a Military GI stationed there; I'm an American born of foreign soil. Thor2000 (talk) 21:23, April 27, 2016 (UTC)
are we allowed to write personal comments on the wiki pages? Wadada 17:39, May 2, 2016 (UTC)
- There's a place for that. Click "Talk" at the top of the page and it will go to a page for leaving messages. Thor2000 (talk) 19:07, May 2, 2016 (UTC)
- Well did you see what the guy wrote on the O'neal Moore page? Thats why i think you only edit my pages that i've added things because if you did it to others then you would of noticed?? Just making an observation.
- I get e-mail alerts for every edit on the site. Those are the kind of messages I erase all the time, but for some reason I might have missed this one or just didn't get the alert. I already removed it. Thor2000 (talk) 19:16, May 2, 2016 (UTC)
- Well thats why i asked if personal comments were allowed, because i have never put my personal views on a page only things i find about a case.
Amanda Tusing UpdateEdit
- Okay Thor2000 (talk) 22:41, May 30, 2016 (UTC)
I'm in my late 60s and my short term memory not what it used to be. Went to my email,clicked on the confirm, further asked to enter my user name (I did) and password, and for some reason, my password (or what I remember was my password) is not going through as THE password. My tip was SINCERE & GOOD. Hope you don't scrub it because of some glitch in the system. Crime Tip firstname.lastname@example.org
- This website has nothing to do with the Unsolved Mysteries website. Thor2000 (talk) 17:54, August 30, 2016 (UTC)
Administrator Request Edit
Hello. I have always had an interest in television shows that involve mysteries. I watch them nearly every day. I would like to be an administrator here because I have the confidence that I can handle the roll. The day before Thanksgiving (talk) 00:33, September 30, 2016 (UTC)
- I'm not comfortable with that. Thor2000 (talk) 14:08, September 30, 2016 (UTC)
Death of JonBenet RasmeyEdit
You guys should do the case of the death of JonBenet Rasmey.
Here's the link to the website:
Can you delete the unused redirect links like The Siblings of Marie Milton and Raymond Anderson its distracting and unnecessary.
- Are you absolutely positively sure its not linked to anything before I get rid of it? Thor2000 (talk) 23:46, November 17, 2016 (UTC)
Unsolved Mysteries on Amazon PrimeEdit
Excited for the Robert Stack episodes on Amazon Prime?
- My computer doesn't have audio - Even if it did, I don't watch videos on my computer - Thor2000 (talk) 19:23, January 22, 2017 (UTC)
I have a problemEdit
This user left a rude message on my wall(which I delete but you look at the history page) accusing me of being gay with homophobic language and don't touch his edits. He also left this on the Adam Emery page. Can you like block that person.BlueBarracudas555 (talk) 02:33, February 3, 2017 (UTC)
- I blocked them, but the site won't let me block them indefinitely. The highest is for one year. I wish I could have done better. Sorry about the nasty comments. Thor2000 (talk) 18:29, February 3, 2017 (UTC)
Stuart Heaton update help Edit
Hello UM Fan Site, I'm looking into the Stuart Heaton case and saw an update regarding a 2001 DNA test which further concluded Heaton's guilt. I can't seem to find that information online anywhere. Could you please point me in the right direction to a source for that info. Thanks, Captainpatten (talk) 15:55, April 5, 2017 (UTC)
- This might be it. http://stuart-heaton.blogspot.com/
Thor2000 (talk) 22:19, April 5, 2017 (UTC)
I added the update to his page, it was based on article posted in this discussion page:
From the article:
"In 1991, when DNA testing was relatively new, tests indicated that a white male other than Heaton being the source of that semen was 1 in 52,600.
Last year, Heaton’s attorneys argued for – and were granted – new DNA testing, making the argument that testing methods used today are much more sophisticated than those used in 1991-92.
Those test results, however, were even more damning for the defense. The odds of the semen coming from a white male other than Heaton, according to those tests, were 1 in 31 billion."
Hope this helps!
Thor 2000 thank oyu so much for the help you have given on my dads page JAck L Robinson I did try to add the book I helped with and co-aurthor of I am not sure if I did it right or If I need to ask you to add the info to get it added properly.. You do such a great job. also I do nto know if it can be added to a South Carolina area to try and get his info out fo others to see. I appreciate everything thank you TammyUnsol96murd19yr (talk) 17:59, April 28, 2017 (UTC)
- You're welcome. Right now, the site is mostly informative and updated by other fans of the show. I'm not sure we attract a lot of crime buffs or law enforcement agents, but if you want to aide in making sure your dad's case is properly covered, I'll make sure its formatted nicely to match the high expectations of the site. Thor2000 (talk) 20:21, April 28, 2017 (UTC)
Thor2000 what would it take to do that. I ahve a you tub page, and google page along with a twitter page and hI have a FB page for him, Plus I have the web site to the Cold CAse of Richland County Sheriff Office. The bbok i contains 22 co-autor and I am one of them an we wrote about our loved one missing and unolved murder, GRief Diaries and Project Cold case the victims stories of true cold case unsolved missing and homiciade.
What would you have to do in order to get it out there.
Thor2000 thank you again for the great job adding the GRief Diaries Project Cold Case 22 co-authurs of an amazing book of Victims going through unsolved Homicide of a loved one. Thank you again.. I would love to try and get my dads page out there. I can also send you some people that you could possible add that is from the book and maybe you could somehow put us in a group of some sort. there are a few that has videos from Unsolved Mysteries interview. You let me know what you think an how we can connect my dad page to be viewed more. I do have my u-tub account, tweeter. Just let me know what you think . I am open for suggestion. Thank yoy tammyUnsol96murd19yr (talk) 02:15, April 30, 2017 (UTC)
Good morning Thor2000 I am sending some people to the Wikia Page to start pages they are all Unsolve Murders. Some helped in writing the Book Grief Diaries Project Cold case, some did not all them are unsolved murders, very interesting stories, one of the stories is the father a an he was a cop in Mississippi an had to do with the Mississippie Mob and was murdered and her brother, the other story is about the woman brother an it was a hit a run an he was dragged and left to die then there are others. They have very good unsolved cold case murder stories of their loved ones. it would be wonderful if you could help them as you have helped me. I do appreciate all your help.
Thank you Tammy/#justice4jacklrobinson
I know where Carl Dennie is
I know where Carl Dennie is
- I don't mind non-UM cases here (Lord, I know I've added a few), I just hope they're formatted like the rest of the site. Thor2000 (talk) 20:44, February 9, 2018 (UTC)
I see that you undid my edits, all I was showing synopsis (a form that needs to be worked out) articles about the places that Unsolved Mysteries take place, for users who don't live there with links from other articles. i.e. the United States etc Mr Taz (talk) 20:31, May 20, 2018 (UTC)
- I felt the tags already did this; I didn't see a reason to have the same system twice. Thor2000 (talk) 20:34, May 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Tags do show info about each case, but sometimes you need to take a step back to see the bigger picture, of all casas (listed) that take place in an area, with basic info about the area. Mr Taz (talk) 21:09, May 20, 2018 (UTC)
- I'm not following where you're trying to go with this. Thor2000 (talk) 21:13, May 20, 2018 (UTC)
- The Alabama tag already does this: http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Alabama Another thing: If you do create pages for all the states, then you have to list them on a "United States" page, and where would you link that? This site was set up to find cases by Episode and Category. (The Episode list is so long it possibly needs to be reformatted in some way.) You could save a lot of time by just using the already Categories as the pages you want to create. Have you talked to Unsolved243 about what you want to do? He's been doing most of the updates these days. I'm just perusing the site now and then these days to work on other writing projects like my novel and my Benny Hill Wikia. Thor2000 (talk) 16:11, May 21, 2018 (UTC)
Hey Thor2000, I want to change the article Cheryl Landon to Michael Landon, but haven't been able to. If you're able to that'd be great! The reason is for consistency's sake, i.e., the segment on _Unsolved Mysteries_ had family members discussing their supernatural experiences with dead loved ones and Wikia has main articles on Joe McCarthy and Herman Stegos (not their family members) thus the title of the aricle Cheryl Landon should really be changed to Michael Landon. Cheers! Darkcolt1066 (talk) 08:58, August 28, 2018 (UTC)
- It should have been Michael Landon to start with. Since I've been getting so many submitter, I've only been overlooking the site and doing very editing, but I don't see the logic behind this change. I'll fix it. Thor2000 (talk) 16:33, August 28, 2018 (UTC)
Hi. I've had a message from the family of Tyger and Archie Hoag. They are upset that the story of them is being made so visible on a site, and have asked for deletion of the articles "Breanna Smith and Ryan Heath" and "Tyger and Archie Hoag".
Although the case has been on TV, we consider these non-public figures, and so we delete articles when asked. You could either put a blank page holder in their place, or just leave the article unlinked.
Happy Birthday, yesterday! Have an inquiry about utililizing a story in a book I am writing. Specifically, http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Jack-Brown?oldid=35955-Michigan Daily - Januwry 13m 1984 - By George Kovanis - Ypsilanti man murdered, killers still at large. Please email me at MarthaDoddSlippy@gmail.com so I can provide the information for the request. Thank you, Martha Dodd-Slippy 2603:3021:E00:5B00:81BF:7FDF:BB2B:AD1B 03:56, January 11, 2019 (UTC)
I don't have copyright on these news articles. I don't think it's necessary to ask for permission to use real events in fiction. Thor2000 (talk) 18:26, January 11, 2019 (UTC)
Hello thor2000 Happy New Year.... I have a few new items to add to my dads page.
Thank you very much
- Hi, Tammy, I'm always happy to have people connected to the cases to update and keep the cases factual. I hope our format isn't limiting to you, but I generally prefer a pragmatic review of the cases, like a news article. I'm hoping we can get your father justice, but bear in mind, the site is mostly a fan page for people who liked Unsolved Mysteries. We're not detectives or investigators. Thor2000 (talk) 18:48, January 14, 2019 (UTC)
- well I am doing something in English class about unsolved mysteries and I would like some help
- I'll try to help if I can -
Thor2000, I was talking to a friend today and it came up in conversation that I had once been on the TV show Unsolved Mysteries with my ex-husband because we had found $6500 in our backyard. We looked it up on my phone so I could show her, and I found this wiki page. I was shocked to see what you wrote! And, you have some audacity claiming we were dishonest. I would love to know where you came up with your assumptions! It's strange to me that anyone questions the amount of money we found. Especially 24 years later. We really did find $6500. We also never found poker chips in our yard. I've never heard anything about any poker chips until now. We found out weeks later that SIX houses in a row found money in their backyards that day. Only 2 houses turned the money into the police, us and our next door neighbor. He must have noticed the money in the yard before we did and was first to call the police. We didn't notice until later in the day, and then waited til the next morning to call. When we did call the police, we assumed we were the only ones who had found money. A few days later he came to my door upset, saying we found more than he did. That is when we learned we weren't the only ones who had found money. But we never knew how much he, or anyone else found. Since he said we found more, we thought he probably found a couple thousand dollars, not $36,000! I never knew until today that he looked over the fence to see we had money in our yard. I guess he knew about it before we did! All of the other neighbors who found money quickly moved from the neighborhood.
Believe me, We would have loved to have found $36,000! Also, We used our money to pay off credit cards, not as a down payment on a house. Unsolved Mysteries asked us what we planned on doing with the money, and I think we said we wanted to use it for a down payment on a home. But, we did not end up buying a house until a couple years down the road. The $6500 found that day had long been spent. Now you know the entire story. I really think you should be more careful about questioning someone's credibility before you publish an article about them.
- Miss Jameson, It's an honor to have met you. I really enjoy meeting people from the cases, but that part did not come from me. It was added by a person who was a neighbor of yours and had the "info not mentioned in the segment." I have numerous visitors to this site constantly adding updates, and it's a bit difficult to verify everything.
My apologies.... Thor2000 (talk) 23:30, March 5, 2019 (UTC)
Jayson Artis Edit
It does Not make Sense becuz Jayson's younger Brother identified 1 female Police officer but She must Hav been Angry with Jayson so What was the Oficer's supposed alibi?(126.96.36.199 06:46, April 17, 2019 (UTC)).
- I'm sorry. I only know what's in the site bio on the case. Thor2000 (talk) 17:05, April 17, 2019 (UTC)
Have You heard of Jayson Artis's death so Ofcours r We suposed to Asume that [Female Oficer claims to B with Oficers around Time of Jayson's death]?(188.8.131.52 23:17, April 19, 2019 (UTC)).
- uh, what? I only know what's in the site bio. Thor2000 (talk) 00:40, April 21, 2019 (UTC)
Is Jayson Artis Unfortunately True Story?(184.108.40.206 18:17, April 21, 2019 (UTC)).
- "Unsolved Mysteries" was a TV series about unsolved crimes and missing persons from the news. They're all true cases. Thor2000 (talk) 18:23, April 21, 2019 (UTC)
1. Did You watch Jayson Artis Episode?
2. Michael saw the Cop Car That had Jayson but I want to Kno specificaly was Michael Unabl to Identify any of Cops in Dark?
3. I saw the Female Cop with my Own Eyes on TV, so Shouldn’t we Cal the Cops?(220.127.116.11 18:29, April 21, 2019 (UTC)).
- Are you talking about the series recreation with actors?? Thor2000 (talk) 18:47, April 21, 2019 (UTC)
I thought thos r Real People, what's Going on Here?(18.104.22.168 06:01, April 25, 2019 (UTC)).
Jerry Strickland & Missy MundayEdit
Just a suggestion to merge the Strickland and Munday articles into one (e.g. "Jerry Strickland and Missy Munday") rather than as separate articles if that's doable? They're always brought up together as a single case in UM episodes. Perhaps it'd be recommended to do likewise with other cases involving intimate pairs (e.g. James Bulger and Catherine Greig)?Darkcolt (talk) 06:25, May 29, 2019 (UTC)
- They're separated because they require different templates. Strickland has a page for Wanted Fugitives. Munday has a page for Lost Loved Ones. Thor2000 (talk) 14:58, May 29, 2019 (UTC)
Hello, and thanks for the warm welcome. I hope my edit was concise and added clarity to the final summary.
Jayson Artis Edit
Please tell Me was that Jayson Artis really just a Reenactment Actor?(22.214.171.124 04:30, December 1, 2019 (UTC)).